Thursday, August 7, 2008

What doesn't kill us......


The good thing is that in the jumping world I have mastered a lovely position.
Notice the lower leg right behind the girth....eyes and chin are up and looking forward. I have released my arms in the middle of his neck. My back is arched and my seat is slightly out of the saddle but not ahead of it. My heels are pointed down...could be a little more but that is being picky :)
That is the only good thing currently! The rest is me just trying not to drown. I can't get my damn internet to work on my computer despite several hours and hundreds of dollars. Which means I really can't use my new Zune cause Sean doesn't really download music on his computer. My horses vet check went to hell in a hand basket so I will be taking her in to the vet tomorrow to figure out what the problem is. I was riding a two year old that I have in training and it got frustrated and just reared over on top of me. My arm is only slightly a mess but I am still in one piece. The idiot cowboy freaked out last week and told me he never wants to talk to me again. It was his way of assuring me that he is not good enough for me. He is mental I can't even go into the whole story.
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger right?
And for everyone that thinks I am now an idiot and can't seperate my paragraphs....it's not my fault the computer God's hate me and it no longer does what I ask.

6 comments:

Sheryl said...

You do have a lovely position on that horse! No wonder you are so successful as a rider and a trainer! Very impressive.

The computer issue is a nightmare. In times like that I wish they had never been invented. Seriously.

The cowboy isn't worth wasting any more time thinking about. He is not ready for a relationship.

Good luck with the vet. I am crossing my fingers that it is a whole lot of nothing. And thank goodness no one got hurt when the 2-year-old acted 'tupid.

Nate said...

Well Denise...we have both had a rough couple of days...if it would make you feel better, you can call me and I can tell you about my plumbing nightmare!! I am sorry that we haven't got the computer up and going...but remember that cowboy does not DESERVE you...your vet check is going to come back okay and before you know it; we will be sipping Margaritas on my back porch.

P.S The picture of you jumping is fantastic...and thanks for pointing out all of correct positions...I never had any idea what the judges were looking for other than whether the jump fell or not!! Love you!

Tilley/Booth said...

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Ang said...

That picture is gorgeous! My feeling is if you have one thing that you can do well and love doing it, you are a lucky girl. That being said, I know how easy is to feel like life is crashing all around you.

I think I will love medicine but at this point don't know if I will be able to do it well.

I love you!

thebeaver said...

I don't know jumping horses but I do know beauty when I see it and that is an awesome picture and thanks for the explanation of what is judged. Kudos to the photographer. I love you Denise!

Denise said...

My student Megan happens to be quite a talented photographer and takes most of our pictures now. She has a great camera and loves doing it. Love all of you!