Thursday, August 14, 2008

Can't get out of this funk!

No one is gonna read my posts anymore cause I am to depressing! I just can't seem to break out of this funk. I keep thinking that something really cool is gonna come along and free me, but it ain't happening.

I started the day irritated in general. The barn owner asked me the same freaking question she asks me everyday when I ride this particular horse, "How high are you gonna show him this weekend." And every day I tell her, "Marge this one doesn't show." And she says, "Oh I thought for sure you would be showing him he is doing so good for you." Ok I try and let this go because the woman is eighty two years old, but for God's sake!

Next, I had to have a coming to Jesus with Jessica's horse during her lesson because he has not been putting his head down. That irritated me....ha ha.

Then my friend Dave didn't say or do what I wanted and that irritated me.

So I drive to the post office in Farmington to get my mail and decide I will stop at the Chevron for a Coke. I thought that might help my mood. I walked in and the Farmington cop that makes a habit of harassing me starts laughing at me and says, "Look who it is." I make a point to look right past him and beeline for the drink station. He continues to mock me and make nasty remarks about me to everyone in Chevron. Oh yes this happened. My face was beet red and I wanted to say something like, "Did you get made fun of a lot when you were young so this makes you feel better now?" But I held my tongue and ignored him.

For my final stop I decided to go to Kohl's to see if I could find a dress for a wedding this weekend. The girl at the cash register was mean to me and I thought to myself.......this is why people snap and go on killing sprees! Ha ha cause it just never freaking ends!

Yes, I realize that most of this is not as bad as I make it. But when you are in a funk everything seems worse than it is. I will be at a show this weekend so say a prayer that it is super successful for me so that I don't SNAP!

6 comments:

Matt-n-Jef said...

Your not to depressing. We all go through a funk now and then. Life takes turns all the time. As far as the pig mocking you. Did you get the pigs name? Can you tell I have no respect for them? I used to live with one for god's sakes. Arrogance is ugly. did you get his name? I would have reported his ass and stood up for myself. Nothing that pig can do about it. Sorry if I offend anyone but thats me. Be happy that you are your job pertains something that you truly enjoy. There is nothing better then that and nothing worse then having to work a job that you just can't stand. After all, you could be working in retail with people who treat you like absolute crap and expect the best service. Love you Dee.

Ang said...

So help me god if I turn on the T.V. and you are on Snapped!!!!

Keep your head up, like Dori says in Finding Nemo, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...."

I try to remind myself everyday that all we have is time and we will constantly make mistakes.

Mom said to me awhile ago that when I start feeling anxious and overwhelmed with were I need to go and what I need to do with my life, to stop and try to enjoy the stage of life that I am in. Words to live by, if I could figure out how to do it! I guess you just remind yourself everyday of the things in your life that are perfect and tweak the other stuff a little at a time.

No matter our age or where we are in life we are all in this together and trying to figure it all out. Love you, just think Dori next time....cute, lovable, dorky little fish!

Denise said...

Thanks you guys.

Jeff....unfortunately I tried to report the guy before and it's to small of a town and the chief was not even going to listen to me. Nice huh?

Ang...thanks for reminding me to keep swimming. That is really good advice, cause I was not wanting to!

I will try not to be on the next episode of snapped. But you have to be careful of how you treat people. You never know when your words could sink or save someone.

Tilley/Booth said...

DENISE! Lets find another adventure together so we can just laugh about all the crap that happens. It's alot of fun when it's the two of us. Maybe we could just move you again!!!!

Grandmajoann said...

Well Denise, I am sorry you are in a funk! But, I wish I had your energy for if all that had happened to this old bird, I would be laying down and not saying a word to anyone, SO be thankful you have the energy to pass it on to everyone and just know that every funk will pass.
I am loving your Blogs and hearing about your ups or downs.
And you are still the cutest rider I have ever seen.
I love ya Bunches...

Sheryl said...

Hang in there girl. I know how you feel. We all go through it now and again. Angie's advice is good advice.

Rest assured that no one that heard the cop that day was impressed with him. All he managed to do was make himself look small, mean, and like an ass. This is why people no longer have respect for police officers. He is a bully with a little, teenie weenie!