Monday, August 18, 2008

Healing

I find myself intrigued with the healing process. As you know I have been going through a rough time. Nothing major caused my upset. Just some inner struggles with change.

I have the most amazing friend. Her name is Roxanne Hunt. She is, for lack of a better term, psychic. I won't go into detail on her but her website is roxannehunt.com if you want to find out about her. She has blown me away time and time again with her readings on my animals and my clients animals. She was at our show this weekend and talked to Butch. She said she had a recent image of me in tears and holding my dog. Butch told her this because he wanted her to know he thought he really helped me during this time. Good job Butch of course you did!

I have gone to Roxanne before for myself and had pondered calling her about my recent problems. After she talked to Butch she said I should call her and she would talk to me no charge because she knew there were some things I would like to talk about. I felt relieved and told her I was struggling. I said I have been in a funk I can't get out of. She said, "You will break out of it when you are ready." There was a lot of truth in this. As bad as I want to come out of it I can feel that I am not quite done grieving the issues. Such a simple statement held so much truth. She assured me that I would break out soon and that I would be fine.

I am fascinated at how our bodies heal. You get a cut and if you take care of it you can heal it in a week or so depending on the severity. But all wounds heal from the inside out. Unfortunately if you are not careful you can re-open the wound. The same goes for wounds on your heart and soul. In time we heal, but when you are hurt the following days are critical and the wound can continue to 'bleed'. You have to let it take it's course and you have to be aware that all wounds need time to heal. You will not just wake up one morning whole again. No matter how soon you want to be better you can not rush healing. But you can help it if you take care of it an nurture the wound. Neosporin and bandaids work good for matters of our body. And surrounding yourself with people who love you and want you to be happy help with matters of your soul.

Time truly heals all wounds. But they can leave scars. The scars on our body remind us of the time you fell down or cut yourself. The scars on our souls are there to help us grow as people. They remind us of the pain and they teach us lessons to carry thru life. Hopefully each time we learn a lesson. Sometimes we learn not to make the same mistake or sometimes the lesson is a coping skill we may need for later in life.

Our lives serve a purpose. We are here to teach each other and develop our souls. I truly believe that people come and go in our lives for different reasons.


A Reason, a Season, or a Lifetime

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person. When someone is in your life for a REASON . . . It is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically,emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are! They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrong doing on your part, or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered. And now it is time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON . . .Because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Author Unknown

Thank you all for being a part of my life. And I am glad to know y'all are related to me and so you have to put up with me :)

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

5 comments:

Tilley/Booth said...

I love you Denise!

Sheryl said...

You are an awesome young woman. Your offered some wonderful insight to all of us.

I love you!

Nate said...

It sounds like you are already starting to feel better...if you find a good way to get through your "funk"...let us all know..because I know I seem to go through them often...Love you and I hope to see you soon!!!!

Ang said...

Gotta have the bad times to appreciate the good times. It is just life, I think for me it is learning how to give up control of things, be more forgiving of myself and see the positives in life.

Steph Thompson said...

Sorry that you have been feeling down. I think a lot of it for me is letting myself let go of what is causing me to be down. Love you.