Monday, August 25, 2008

C.A.L.I.F.O.R.N.I.A.


First things first lets ride the horse. One of the most talented horses I have ever rode. I need some sponsers...asap.



This is our continental breakfast. I hope you get enough to eat.



This is on our hotel....does this alarm you?


Looking like a couple babes!



Look ma! We can build sand castles.....very poorly ha ha!!




The darling girls that made me miss my Lex and Liv!! Same ages, this is Bailey and Oakley.




How cool is this? I think I was happier than any of the small children with us!







From left to right: Kim, Oakley, Bailey, Lauren, Taylor, Me, Cory.





Here I am on my favorite animal from the Wild Animal Park, the Okapi.





This was my one of my favorite exhibits. How cool to get to see them so close up! And these are totally creepy!


I think I could live here. Good temperature, pretty landscape, sign me up! And after a great trip we got in some juvenile spat on the way home and pretty much didn't speak for nine hours. Cool huh? It wasn't uncomfortable at all ha ha! Love those gals with all my heart...hope we patch that up soon :)

11 comments:

Jen said...

It looks like you had tons of fun, and I am jealous. Do you think that if your entire life was just one vacation after another you would ever get sick of it and want to go to work? I don't!

Denise said...

Ha ha...seriously I had that very thought. I really do just want to vacation one after the other!

Sheryl said...

We ALL just want to vacation continuously. I will be buying a Power Ball ticket today. Everyone keep your fingers crossed

It looks like you had an awesome time. I thought it was just 3 of you going. I didn't realize it was such a big party.

The horse is stunningly beautiful. (think Power Ball)

So....what was the fight about?

Nate said...

Great pictures Dee...I was watching the equestrian competition in the Olympics the other night and I was thinking about you and remembering that you are going to be there one day.

I definitely envy the vacation (other than the car ride). And remember: long road trips don't build character; they only reveal it!!!!

Ang said...

I want to go to California! Looks like a blast and I can see from those two cute girls how you got to missing our two cute girls.

I also would like my life to consist of one large, extended vacation. Can we just win the powerball already!

Denise said...

Mother...the 'fight' was me caught in the middle of mom and daughter. Over a really dumb thing lol. And there was only three of us, but her brother happened to be in San Diego with their mom and his kids so we met up.

Nate...this is true about revealing character lol. I need that horse and then I can go to the Olympics :)

Ang said...

Can we have the horse???

Seriously someone win the powerball so we can HAVE IT ALL NOW!!!!

Sheryl said...

I am happy to know that you were just caught between the fighters and not in the middle of the fight.

And, by the way. I, too, love the Okapi.

I believe that I am the only one buying the Power Ball tickets. Somebody cut me a break for crying out loud. I'm trying the best that I can!

Denise said...

Incidentally....don't ever go on vacation with your clients lol. Though I was in the middle of the fight I am still the bad guy because I knew information I shouldn't or something. So the mother isn't speaking to me and is sending the father down to babysit during lessons. It is freaking awesome. NEVER AGAIN!!!! This is why you don't mix business with pleasure :) lesson learned. Win the powerball STAT!

Sheryl said...

I'm sure it was kind of like going on vacation with the Peltier's. It seemed like a good idea at the time......

I've got the powerball ticke for tonight's draw!

Denise said...

Lol...yes sounded like a good idea at the time.