Sunday, August 10, 2008

Current Obsessions


This book is called 'Twighlight'. I am obsessed. I think it was meant more for teenagers, but all of my students are reading the series and talk about it all the time. Curiosity got the best of me and the day book four came out I went and got the first one in the series. WOW! I am in love. It is actually about a vampire family that lives among humans and does not feed on them. One of the vampires falls in love with a human....sounds weird and I was skeptical but I can NOT put it down. I am so excited to have three more books in line when I finish this one.



I keep talking about how funny Sean's dog Vienna is and look how cute! She sleeps like this all night and never moves. After I took this picture she started growling at me and bit my hand ha ha. Sean says she used to bite his x-wife if she tried to cuddle with Sean and stuff. I love it!










Left to right....Shea, me and Ginger. We went out Friday because Shea's fiance was having his bachelor party. We did hers last weekend but needed something to do while he was having strippers grope him. We went to the Outlaw in Ogden and needless to say we all managed to get three sheets to the wind even though I had to be up to teach lessons and go to a show. Yes...I wanted to kill myself in the morning. I did make it to work though and got feeling decent about four o'clock.



In other news, my vet check did not go great. I suppose it could have been worse. My horse does have changes to her navicular bone. Navicular disease is changes in the bone that is in the heel of the horses foot. It is basically arthritic changes. My horse has very slight changes and the vet diagnosed her pre-navicular. There is not really any treatment for it. When it gets bad years down the road you can de-nerve them. This takes the feeling away so they are not in pain. The down side is that they don't feel their front feet and may not know where they are stepping. The good news is that I bought her because she is a mare in case anything went wrong she would still be worth something as a broodmare. I am hoping to still sell her to someone wanting a riding horse, but the price is gonna be disgustingly low.
Good news is that the computer is up and running. I bought a wireless adapter and router which of course didn't work. So one of Sean's friends came over to work on it and called the router company which walked us through getting it to work.
The bad news is that I still can't figure out how to work my Zune. I downloaded the software and it did not download properly so I have to start over....grrr!
Well I plan to spend the day reading and watching Lifetime in my pajamas. XOXO to all!











8 comments:

Unknown said...

is twilight really a good book?

Ang said...

Me and Lex looked at that book just yesterday and wondered about it. That is funny that you just started reading it.

I wish I was getting pj's on and watching lifetime!

Keep us updated on your horse.

Nate said...

Thanks for all the updates Denise...it is so nice being able to keep up on what you are doing. I wish we had these blogs before we moved 2,000 miles away because it is such a nice way to keep up on all your accomplishments. I just wish you could get JO to quit being the WEAKEST LINK!!

Do you still want to sell your horse or are you thinking about trying to get a colt??? It sounds like Jen and your mom and Rick are coming this weekend. I wish you could have made it!!!

Tilley/Booth said...

I have also started Twilight. So far I love it!

Jessica said...

These books are sooooo good. I just finished reading Breaking Dawn which is the fourth and final book. Keep reading because it is by far the best in the series.

Sheryl said...

So does that mean that you should stop jumping her or can she still show for a while?

Unknown said...

Well i guess me and my mom need to read it!

Denise said...

Ang and Lex....get on it! You will not be disappointed!

I agree Nate...why did we not have these long ago? I will not get a baby from my horse, but I may sell her as a brood mare to someone wanting that.

Mom...I can still go about as normal. In fact I will show her this coming weekend.