Monday, July 7, 2008

I survived!!!

I made it through the five day show hurray! I was very pleased with the judge I picked out. She was very consistent with her judging and very patient with us. She had a lot of compliments about the quality of horses and riders we have here in Utah. She said she just judged a show in Boston where she expected them to be really good and have nice horses and she said it was ten times better here. I thought that was really exciting.

To see videos of me and my students showing go to http://www.youtube.com/user/1gardenmom it is my clients site and she made one of the show this weekend. I believe it is titled 'Dedication Just Breathe'.

The kids all did great again and I have two people battling it out to buy my horse. We had a few problems where Lauren's horse got sick and Jessica's got hurt. Lauren's didn't miss any classes and is doing fine. Jessica's missed the last day so she rode my horse instead.

I am off for three weeks unless I can get into the show in Parker, Colorado. Last I heard the stalls were sold out, but one of the other trainers here in town might have some extra. I will keep you posted. Also, I talked to the judge at this show and she has a grand prix jumper that she would lease to me!!! I am excited. Perhaps I can start doing some bigger fences and making some money at it.

6 comments:

Betsy said...

You are in much better shape than I am.....ugh - I can barely walk!! Guess I am almost twice your age ;-)

Thanks for all of your efforts putting on a fantastic horse show! You all did a great job - Thanks!!!

Ang said...

Well I held the tears back for the first 2 minutes of the video but seeing how much you are loved and needed through the eyes of your clients I just had to let go. I loved it how she edited a couple of the jumps by slowing the frames down, that was really cool.

Looks and sounds like the show went really well for you and your clients...Good Job! Keep your head up, I love you.

Nate said...

I was going to start complaining about there being no pictures, until I watched the video and it was awesome. I wish we could have been there to cheer you on. Congratulations, it looks like your students are very appreciative of you and your hard work really paid off. Love you and we can't wait to see you.

Denise said...

Thanks everyone for your nice comments! And Betsy....you don't look a day over 25!!! I had a lot of help from great people at the show so it made it easy.

My favorite part of the video is when she slows it down and you can see all the flashes from cameras. I don't know why but I just think it is cool :)

Sheryl said...

WOW! I don't know what else to say! What a lovely tribute. You are awesome and are really blessed to have wonderful students.

Even though I know how incredibly talented and dedicated you are, sometimes it is hard for me to realize that you are a grown woman capable of putting a show together. Congratulations. We love you!

thebeaver said...

I just watched the video on youtube, I love to see you in motion doing what you love to do!

Thanks for sharing that with us. You have some great people around you that know what I already know, and that is that you are awesome...