Tuesday, July 22, 2008

If I hurry I can still make Cheyenne

Oh ya! I wore boots and shorts....it was hilarious.
Going out on the town

We rode this back to our hotel....well we got dropped off in a parking lot and had to walk another mile to the hotel.



Bestest friends!!!!


Well I made it back from Cheyenne! I had a great time and it was lovely to see Anne. She is doing well just working on a ranch back home.








They call the rodeo there 'The Daddy of 'em All'. It is the largest outdoor rodeo in the country. I couldn't believe how big the arena and grandstands are. Here is a video that just shows the size of things. It doesn't do it much justice....
















They have a few more events than other rodeos. One being the wild horse races. They literally take a bunch of wild horses drag them out to a team of three guys who have to saddle them and get on and ride them around the track! It is hilarious. Horses are running everywhere....guys get drug all over. In the end the horses that broke free and the hand full of guys that survive come racing to the finish line. Watch this a few times because there is so much going on you will miss it the first time!





















The contestants were some of the best in the country and that was fun to watch. We don't always get that at our local rodeos. The love of my life was NOT there....disappointing but I survived. Here is a good bull ride.





















There is a huge bar called the Outlaw that everyone goes to after the rodeo. It was a bowling alley they tore out and made a bar. There is outside patios with a mechanical bull and margarita stands and different things. It was a lot of fun and I spent the first two nights as a drunken mess ha ha! I drank so much I just had to be a sober driver the third night. The third night turned out to be the funnest because we hooked up with a bunch of the rodeo personnel and cowboys. I went after to one of their houses where the rodeo announcer proceeded to tell me he loved me ha ha! He was like three sheets to the wind or more. I also got offered a job as a Copenhagen model....I seriously considered this for a moment. They just stand outside the booth in these little outfits and look cute. However, it would be a complete 180 from the trainer/child mentor I currently am!!!

It was a great trip and I was not ready to come back home I have to say. My Butchie needed me though!!










5 comments:

Sheryl said...

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! Great pictures, fun videos, and gorgeous girls out on the town. It looks like you had a great time. Ah, to be young again!

Ang said...

Love the pictures, I would not have thought it possible to have such a great time in Cheyenne. When we drove through in the middle of the night there wasn't much going on, ha ha! It looks like you had a good time catching up with Anne.

Hope your leg is feeling better, let me know.

Nate said...

I was going to get on you Dee for not posting for awhile, but you definitely made up for it with that post...The videos were a great touch!! I'm glad you had a great time in Cheyenne, but I guess we need to work on our sales skills, because in one of the last posts we were really trying to convince you to choose Erie over Wyoming.

I was amazed at how large that stadium for the rodeo was and I know there is nothing like around us. I hope you're feeling better..love you!!

Steph Thompson said...

Wow!That looked like so much fun! Ah to be single without children! That was fun to hang with Anne. I did not find a hat like the one you got her, but after searching and searching I did by accident find pink cowgirl hats at Shopko! Of course for cowboy day at school it was too little too late! Oh well!

Tilley/Booth said...

I"m a little sore about the comment that Butchie needed you. I guess I will never be good enough for you. At least he didn't go home with a broken collar bone!