Monday, September 29, 2008

Another one down

I was at a horse show all weekend. We only have two more! I can't believe how summer has flown by. It was a really busy week for me. Our stall cleaner quit so I was pitching in so that poor Marge didn't have to do it all by herself. Plus I was doing all my regular lessons and training and we had the show. It was very successful. I think all the kids took blue ribbons home. My horses were awesome. And my new mare is coming Wednesday!!!! I can't believe it. She should get to me in the evening sometime.

Of course Sunday Jolyn and I had projects to do. This week it was about 30 stalls. We did get a new guy that started today thank God. But JoLyn, Colton, Jacob and I busted all of those out in about 2 hours. After the stalls they helped me feed and bring horses in. It was so cute and I really appreciated the help.

He is angry, but he is super dirty and needs a bath!

These guys are definately hired.

Jacob is struggling a little bit. He is being led not leading.

5 comments:

Grandmajoann said...

Hey, good job again. It is fun to see Jo and Colton leading the horses! How very nice that they can help you and they probably really enjoy it also. What a crew!
Love ya

Sheryl said...

Congrats on another successful show! I'm sure there are people taking note of your abilities and success. That is awesome.

Jo, Colton, and Jacob! It is so sweet that you guys are pitching in. Way to get it done.

Also, Jacob, I know just how you feel. I always felt like the horse was leading me as well. It looks like a lot of hard work, and a lot of fun. I wish I was there so I could help.

Nate said...

We are so proud of you Denise...I wish we would have taken more opportunities to come see your shows. I am certainly regretting it now. You better post some pictures of that horse as soon as you get it and make sure there is at least one of you jumping her.

I loved that one picture of you when you were jumping Ben, all dressed up, at one of your shows. I think it was in your shadow box! If you remember the one I'm talking about and you have that picture; I would really like a digital copy of it!!!

It's also nice that you mention Jo in some of your posts because I keep wondering if she's still alive!!

DHS Child Care Center said...

Butch looks like he enjoys his baths about as much as Tick enjoys hers.

Ang said...

When are you going to gear Jo up in some real duds? Isn't it time she atleast got some boots or something!!
Butch romps around in horse crap all day and baby rolls around in squirrel scent, yes I said squirrel scent! Bottom line...they do need bathy every now and again.