Monday, September 15, 2008

Good things happen to good people

What goes around comes around right? Well I have spent the last several years of my life trying to better myself and be a good person and change my perspective and all that good stuff. Well it is finally paying off I think! My clientele is getting huge and the lady in California called and is sending the lovely French mare to me for free!!!! I am surrounded with lovely people and I feel so blessed. I think things are really falling into place for me.

JoLyn, Colton, Jacob and I spent Sunday afternoon doing some service for the poor old lady that owns my barn. Her name is Marge and she is 82 years old. She is the hardest working lady I know! She put in a new stall barn for her daughters horses and the stalls needed dirt to level them and mats put in. No one would do it and Marge was near tears and under a lot of stress thinking she would have to do it all so I gathered the troops and off to work we went! It was hell I won't lie, but it was worth it. JoLyn and I worked our guts out and the boys took lots of breaks ha ha.

Another cool thing was when I got to the barn and there was a giant living quarters trailer parked in the driveway and a group of people I hadn't seen before. Well it happened to be Jill Moody and her traveling crew. Jill is ranked third in the world in barrel racing and has this awesome horse named Dolly that she has been to the National Finals Rodeo with. Apparently her aunt knows Marge and they needed a place to rest the horses on their way to New Mexico. I got to meet her and her horses and got a signed picture of her at last years finals.

Godfrey this is the final stall and JoLyn is going to pass out!

We lost the 100lb mats out of the wheel barrow and I might kill myself.

It took Colton about thirty minutes to bring this one mat ha ha! Notice JoLyn is sweating to death and Colton still looks fresh and clean!


7 comments:

Grandmajoann said...

What a great service to that little old lady. You will never know how much she appreciates it because there are not enough words that can express her feelings. I feel her relief, as I think of how I would feel if I were 10 years older and needed that done for me. Good goin you guys. I love you.

~Cynthia~ said...

You girls are awesome. That was really above and beyond in the service category. Multiply how tired you are by thousands and I am sure that is how grateful that lady must be to have such a burden lifted. You deserve lots of good things coming your way for that one.

Sheryl said...

You guys did a fantastic job getting that finished up in a day. I can just hear Marge now....."Godfrey! You kids are awesome" "Thanks for bringing those boys over to play while you girls worked your ASSES off"!

Colton do look fresh as a daisy, he really do.

That is so cool you got to meet Jill and talk for a while. Something like that doesn't come around every day

Ang said...

Those boys didn't work hard enough cause Colton's hair looked way to good, or is it that these young ones are much more resiliant!

Sounds like things are getting really good, I sure am proud of you. Keep it up, things can only get better! Love you.

Nate said...

I am so happy that your hard work is finally paying off. You deserve it and I'm sure it will only get better. Let us know how this new horse works out. We will need pictures and frequent updates.

Where are all the new clients coming from? Are they referals or are you still advertising?

Jessica said...

Good things do happen to good people, It just seems like it never happens when we want it to. If we are patient and persistent all our hardwork will pay off.

Denise said...

Thanks everyone!

Nate, a lot of them are referals and a lot have come from just seeing me around the shows and that. One of my clients also had a sticker for my window done with my logo and phone number. And I am in a great location so we get a lot of drive-by people too.