Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Eighth World Wonder

I think I fell in love with the eighth world wonder!!! This is my new mare. She is the bomb. All I want to do is ride her and brush her. I took her to our show on Saturday and did some little jumping classes to see how she would go. She was great. She absolutely knows her job. She is hot like a chili pepper just like her name! Next weekend I will show her in some bigger jumping classes. And if I continue to get along with her I would like to go to Tucson in November.

Background on Chili....she is 16.2hh. For horses each 'hand' is 4 inches, so she is 66 inches tall at her back. She is a Selle Francais which in a French Warmblood. This is the breed of the horse. Warmbloods were bred in Europe for jumping and dressage. She was born and trained in France and imported here a few years ago. I hope that her owner forgets that I have her and lets me keep her forever ha ha.


















8 comments:

Ang said...

She is definitely a beauty to say the least. Looks like you are having a good time and I hope her owner forgets you have her too!

Sheryl said...

Wow, she is pretty. Have a great time with her. I'm not sure how you lucked out, but I'm glad you did.

Nate said...

Great Pictures and videos Dee!! It looks like you have a beautiful new horse. Let us know how the show next week end goes.

Tilley/Booth said...

Well, I hope your having fun with her. I haven't seen you this week...I miss you!

~Cynthia~ said...

I don't know that much about horses, but she sure looks like a pretty one to me. I'm glad you are enjoying her.

Julie said...

Wow! thanks for sharing the video, we have never seen you ride before. Enjoy her while you've got her!!

Grandmajoann said...

You are certainly in a world different from the rest of us. I think we should all come to your next local show. How about letting us all know when it is. You were born to ride horses. You look so normal on one. And this is a PRETTY ONE! Love ya.

Denise said...

Thank you everyone!