Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Horse Show

I just spent five days at a horse show in South Jordan, UT. The first two days I rode my horse and my clients horses in the Baby Green division. They were all very good. Missy, my horse, took a few thirds and seconds. Jasmine, Megan's horse, took a few seconds also. She would have done even better, but I had a tree blow down while I was going thru a line and she spooked at it and I didn't make it to my second jump. Then on my second trip she trotted down by the gate thinking she was done. Grrrr! That's ok though. Bosco, Jessica's horse, has come leaps and bounds in the last few months. He finally went around and did all of his flying lead changes without going psychotic. Much improvement!

Tori, Megan, Amy and Jessi all rode Friday and Saturday. Jessi's horse got a cut and was sore so she ended up riding my horse Jake. They were all wonderful. Jessi and Amy both took home Reserve Championships in their divisions. Tori won several of her classes the first day, but wasn't quite as brilliant the second day. Megan is doing fantastic on her horse. We have only had her about six weeks, but they are starting to figure each other out. She got a bunch of second places. It was very successful.

Lauren rode on Saturday and Sunday in the timed events. She was brilliant on her horse Nikki. They won all of their rated jumper divisions at the show and took a third in a non rated class. She also had her equitation classes on Sunday and was second on the flat and third in the hunter medal. It was a great show for her.

I was exhausted by Sunday. We stabled the horses on the show grounds and I was getting up at 5:30am and not getting home until about 11:30pm.

Monday I had to drive a horse to Boulder, UT for a client. I was exhausted and didn't leave until about 10:00am. Lauren came with me to learn how to drive the trailer and to keep me company. We were off to a pretty good start until we got to Boulder Mountain and the truck started overheating. We had to stop a few times and let it cool down and when we were driving we could only go about 10 mph. So the Mountain took an hour and a half to get over when normally it takes about 30 minutes. I thought the truck would have time to cool down before the ride back, but no such luck. We started up the Mountain and I could not get it to cool back down. We had to drive back down into Boulder and leave the trailer. I had to gut the tack room and put everything in the back of the truck. Needless to say, we did not get home until about 10pm Monday night. It was quite an adventure and now I have to go back to get the stupid trailer!!! Oh well.....all is well that ends well right?

We are headed to another show on Thursday. It won't be quite as eventful. I don't have as many horses going since some of them are very tired as well as their owners. Hopefully this one is as successful as last weekend. Wish us luck!!

4 comments:

Ang said...

Why the hell is the truck overheating? That sucks! Good luck on the show this weekend!

Denise said...

Evidentally the truck is a p.o.s. But whatever. Thank you! I love you.

Sheryl said...

Sounds like the show was a lot of fun! I am so proud of your success. Did you have the truck looked at?

Nate said...

Denise...it has been 5 days and you haven't written any new information. I need to know what you are doing and how things are going. I check your blog every morning, so make sure you say some nice things about me in the next post. Love you!