Sunday, June 22, 2008

Another week of summer gone

Here you go my coolest brother in law Nate :)

Well another show has gone by and that means it is Sunday. I rode my horse and Jessi's horse in the Baby Greens on Thursday and Friday. My horse was fabulous the first day and so-so the second day. Bosco was not good the first day and redeemed himself on day two. My horse, Missy, ended up Reserve Champion of the show. Finally and hurray!!!!! She is such a beautiful horse we just always have hang ups it seems. Megan's horse did not show this weekend due to the fact she had such a long show the weekend before she was a little sore.

Saturday was Tori's day to show. She has been riding really good and I have high hopes for her this year. We didn't have to leave until about eleven, but she didn't show until about six which made it a long day. The venue was Rose Ranch which is notoriously dusty, windy, hot, dry, etc... Not the funnest place to go. After waiting all day things didn't quite go as planned. Tori struggled a little and ended up with some third and fourth places.

Today Lauren and Tori both showed. Lauren rode in the morning and was second in both her equitation rounds. It is a really hard division this year and I am very pleased with her. She had a horrible Equitation on the Flat round and trotted for almost an entire revolution when they were supposed to canter....I almost killed her ha ha! Tori was a little better today, but still struggling over fences. She did pull herself together for her flat classes finally and got seconds, thirds and fourths today.

The show was not quite as successful as last weekend, but still good. I have decided all men I date are total idiots and had to cut a few off this weekend ha ha. This week should be a little for mellow I only have a show on Saturday. I will be preparing for the weekend of the 4th of July show. I am on our hunter/jumper board this year and I am in charge of that show. So I will be busy the next two weeks tying up loose ends. Wish me luck on that!

4 comments:

Ang said...

Sounds like the girls are all coming along. Good Work! That sounds like quite the challenge to be in charge of putting a show on...but I am sure it will be a smash! Now you need some pictures of these shows to post so we can see all the beautiful horses and their riders. I need visual aids my love.

Sheryl said...

You are a busy, busy gal! Congrat's on Missy's reserve. That is awesome! I agree with Ang. We need some pics.

Nate said...

Denise...I had no idea you were putting on your own show..where's it at?? I need more information and like Nangie said...We need visual aids!!!

Tilley/Booth said...

Well... I guess I'm going to have to come along and take pictures one of these times so eveyone will back off!