Sunday, February 8, 2009

What's Shakin


I figured it was time to post something. I have just been doing the same old thing. I did go out with some friends to the desert on a horse ride today. My horse only fell on me once. I was sure I would be life flighted out by the end, but I survived. He went to go up a ledge and didn't quite make it so he started falling backwards and I jumped off and landed in the mud and he almost rolled on me. But that sort of thing is standard on our trail rides. The first ten minutes we only made it about 300 yards because everyone was about to get bucked off and no one could sacrifice their beer. Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures to document the ride. Butch had a blast. There were free range cattle that he rounded up. We saw wild horses and shot a few jack rabbits. I am planning to get a pistol soon. It is awfully fun to shoot stuff ha ha!


The same group of friends are going to Jackson Hole next weekend so I might join them. Or I may go see a rodeo in San Antonio. I am also planning a trip to Erie so let me know if you are in!


8 comments:

Sheryl said...

I am happy to see that you are wearing your helmet in the photo, so I am going to pretend that you were also wearing while trail riding and almost getting killed.

You are KILLING me with this stuff!

I'm glad you had fun, and it sounds like Butchie was a busy boy.

Ang said...

Why do you shoot the innocent bunny's? You are scaring me with the pistol!

I am also wondering if you took any pringles and if they were in fact saved along with the beer? It is always essential in any type of crisis to save the snack foods!

GET HERE, DENISE!!!

Grandmajoann said...

Oh my gosh! What would you have done if the horse landed on you? You would have been squashed! Stop that silly stuff and ride on flat ground. Jef and his mudding and you and your horse scar me to death. Maybe you could get a whole body helmet?!?!
Love ya and glad you are safe.

Nate said...

DENISE...I think it is a fabulous idea that you get a pistol and shoot some rabbits. Make sure it is an extremely large caliber so when you hit one, it has no chance of surviving. You could also keep it under your pillow at night to fend off any "crazies" that might break into your house. If nothing else it would sure make those boring "butt sniffing" trail rides more enjoyable. You should also probably bring that pistol out here when you come, because we have a lot of bunnies running around our house and you could pick them off from our back porch while we have beer and snacks.

WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU. HURRY AND GET HERE!!!!!!!

Denise said...

Ya ya I knew my entry set me up for being made fun of. It does sound pretty redneck.

I didn't shoot bunnies nor do I want to. I just aim at beer cans and rocks.

Jen said...

Sounds like you had fun, and I'm glad there were no injuries involved.

Sheryl said...

Maybe while you are shooting bunnies and drinking beer with Nate in the back yard, you could haul the TV out on the patio and watch some NASCAR.

Two and a half years and counting, Nate.

iMzOOL said...

happy birthday tomorrow--every valentines day i think about you. are you going to do anything fun? whatever it is i hope you are safe. :) i just got a chuckle about thinking what your dads jokes would have been with all that has happened with you--of course he would have been worried, but he would have had some great zingers.