Thursday, February 26, 2009

What is going on?

I figured it was time for a little update. For starters, my grey horse is completely fine. They can't find a thing wrong with her after I pretty much pronounced her dead ha ha!! The blood work was completely normal. He ultra sounded to see if there were tumors on her ovaries, nothing. We did find some arthritic changes in her stifles so I went ahead and injected them. This explains the soreness she was having back there. I am gonna ride her for 1-2 months and try to sell her cheap. If I can't my vet offered his pasture for her to go chill in until I need her.

I made my first sell on ebay today! I couldn't believe how easy it was. I sold an old english saddle that I was doing nothing with. It cost me $2.66 to list it. I put a starting bid and a buy it now price and someone bought it in the first hour!! So I am kind of excited and might make a habit out of it.

Next weekend I will be headed to Knoxville, TN to visit a friend. And don't get mad Angela, I would have come to see you first, but I didn't pay for this ticket ha ha! So I will be leaving Friday and returning Monday. I am excited since I have never been there before. I think we are going to spend Friday night in Nashville which sounds way fun! My kind of town for sure.

Other than that I am just enjoying the nice weather we have had. It makes working horses way funner!

10 comments:

Julie said...

Nashville!!! I know someone in Nashville. I can give you her number but I know that when you doing the tourist things you never have enough time for everything. It's actually Sarah's birthday this week end and she has a party both Friday and Saturday. Have fun there, Dan and I are going in March.

Denise said...

Absolutely send me her number! I am only there for a day so I don't know if I will have time, but if I do I would love to!

Ang said...

Well I may NEVER forgive you.... okay I am over it! I am pretty sure Nashville is way more fun than Erie anyways.

I am glad to hear your horse is not death warmed over, I was feeling really bad for her. Get her sold!

Have fun this weekend!

Nate said...

I have a couple questions for you:

1) How long have you known this friend? After you answer this question, ask yourself how long you have known US!

2) How many times have you come to Erie to see your NEEDY and jealous family?

3) If we paid for your ticket, would you come visit us? How much are we WORTH to you?

I guess I have made my point. I hope you have a WONDERFUL time and just remember that we LOVE you no matter what!

Sheryl said...

LOL, Nate you really know how to lay on a guilt trip! Denise, I know you are feeling it.

You be careful out there. I know you have known this friend for a while, but do you really KNOW this person.

I think it would be wise to make sure some or all of us know where you are staying at all times.

Have a great time, and I am really jealous that you get to go to Nashville.

Denise said...

Ok ok! I will let everyone know at all times where I am.

I also had a friend say to come to St. George and I said how much are you gonna give me LOL.

Nate, I accept all major credit cards through paypal ha ha!

Jen said...

Well I don't know how you can possibly have any fun after the guilt trip that Nate and Ang just sent you on, but go ahead and try!

Nate said...

All your going to get from us here in Erie is LOVE and we don't allow it to be bought through Pay Pal or the "Buy it now" option.

EBay hasn't even become a big trend in Erie yet. In fact, I bet it is still 20 years off. The problem is, people are just barely getting their first computers around here and they still don't realize why they need one. It is kind of endearing and at the same time maddening how behind the times this place really is.

Sheryl said...

I still think Erie is delightful. (In the summer)

Denise said...

Are you being serious about the computer thing Nate? That is freaking crazy!!