Monday, March 9, 2009

Nashville

I just returned home from a great trip in Nashville. I got into Knoxville about 10:30 on Friday and we drove 3 hours to Nashville. There was a one hour time difference so we got to go out at about 12:30 and hit the bars. We walked into the Cadillac Ranch with no cover charge and it just so happened Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert were singing! I was like 5 feet from them! Miranda Lambert was in a baseball cap just looking like a normal person. It was so cool I love them!

The next day we walked through downtown Nashville and went into all the shops and things. We also went to the Country Music Hall of Fame. That night we tried to get tickets to the Grand Ole Opery but they were sold out. So we went on a three hour boat ride on the Cumberland River. They served us a great dinner and had entertainment. The table we sat at had a great group of people. The one gentleman was George Jones and Tammy Wynette's guitar player! His wife was there and his two friends. One who makes guitars and the other's father invented that machine that munches the totaled cars into nothing. The other couple was a really nice couple from Kentucky. We had a great time.

Sunday we drove back to Knoxville and just hung out. And I flew back today. My travel day was somewhat hectic. I had two connections both that I had to run through the airport to catch. The final one to Salt Lake had to kick six people off because we were over the weight limit due to the fact we had to carry extra fuel in case Salt Lake's weather was too bad to land. That was comforting! I made it home safely and had a wonderful time!



This is me in the Wild Horse Saloon.

Me and Brian on the General Jackson boat ride.

Getting ready to board the General Jackson.



This is Elvis' 24kt gold plated limo.


Me and Brian with Elvis




8 comments:

Ang said...

It looked like an awesome weekend. I want a vacation so bad! I am glad you had a good time and that you made it home despite the never ending winter weather!

Sheryl said...

Wow, what a fun trip. Thanks for posting it up so fast and for keeping in touch while you were there. I almost felt like I was part of it.

The video is awesome. I guess they were just like real people!

And, I assume the one with the cowboy hat is Brian and the one in the jumpsuit is Elvis. LOL (He's kind of cute)! Brian, not Elvis.

Jen said...

It looks like a fun trip. I am jealous that you seem to take a trip at least every other weekend!

Denise said...

I have been getting my travels in for sure!! I will have to hunker down for show season though so I had to get it all in!

Matt-n-Jef said...

So you didn't even call Sarah to have a visit while you were there?

Sounds like fun though. I would love to visit Nasheville sometime. I have been close but oh so far away.

Nate said...

I feel like I'm joining the conversation a little late, but it sounds like you had a fabulous time. I don't think we could have provided that kind of entertainment in DR'ERIE, although we would have liked to give it a try. I'm glad your safe and sound back in Utah.

Kellie said...

Fun! You should have called Sarah she knows all the fun spots to hit. Funny fact not that this is really a fun spot to go to in Nashville, but Sarah went to the Roller Derby and Nicole Kidman was there. So funny who knew that Nicole Kidman likes Roller derby?

Steph Thompson said...

That looks like tons of fun!