Saturday, July 25, 2009

Colorado

Well it's been a week since we got back from a horse show in Parker, CO. I took Megan and Tori and their horses Jade and Jazz. It was an awesome week. There were amazing horses and riders there. Our horses managed to place in several classes with 20-30 horses in them! But above everything else we just had a great time.

Brian and his son came for the weekend while we were there and Tori's parents were there so we had good company. Of course I brought my camera but forgot the battery. Here are a few pictures I took from my phone and video. Megan will be making a youtube video of the weekend and I will post that when she finishes.

My dog was the highlight of our trip. We decided we will have really made it if we ever have a horse as well trained and as beautiful as the dog! His show name is now Beaverwood's Hillcrest. And he is a very fancy jumper. Just take a look! You will also see that he has a monkey on his back that rides him.




These are the kind of setups that the barns put up for the weeks that they are at these horse shows. Very fancy and very expensive.

10 comments:

Jen said...

I love that Butch is now jumping! Shady wants to jump too, and her show name is Shady Circumstances. She got spooked by something and took a totally vertical take-off over a sage brush on the hill and landed about six feet down on the trail.

Sheryl said...

Holy crap, Butchie is pretty good. You should really get him in to agility training. As if you don't have enough to do already!

It does liik like Co. was a good time. How fun that you got to go do that.

Denise said...

Shady Circumstances is a great name!!! Bring her over so we can get her going on the jumps asap.

Ang said...

Oh my God I am dying!! How great that the dog steals the spotlight at the Horse show. I can't believe he can clear jumps that high, when you were telling me about it on the phone I was imagining little tiny jumps. My dogs dumb and dumber will not be participating in any showings as "Bella the Butcher" would be annhilating the monkey and "Baby needs a Binky" would be scared shitless!

I am so glad you had a good time, what a great experience to get to have.

Sheryl said...

Oh, and by the way...how did you come up with Beaverwood's Hilcrest? LOL

Nate said...

I CAN'T believe you forgot your camera. I've been bitching about your lack of show pictures for the last week.

I'm glad you guys had a good time. We were looking at some old pictures of Liv and Lex at the horse shows and I was remembering how fun it was. Please bring your camera to the next show.

Jen said...

Ang, I'm laughing my butt off over your dogs names.

Ang said...

I think we all need show names!

Denise said...

Everyone should have show names for sure!!!!

Mom....Beaverwoods is a farm and Hillcrest is a farm....they are well known for breeding great ponies so all of their ponies have names like Beaverwoods Echo and Hillcrest Blue Quilt. We combined the two to make the perfect pony.

Steph Thompson said...

Rat butt mouth is a pretty good jumper, however she prefers to just stamp her front paws and growl so that someone will pick her up and put her on the high place. Chunky style Peanut Patch cannot even "jump" onto the furniture, so I am sure there would be no motivation for her to jump, especially if there was something small on her back.