Sunday, May 24, 2009

Finally a blog!

I figured it was time for a little update. I have been waiting to get some better pictures of my new trailer, but I never have so I just decided to post what I have.

Show season is keeping me very busy. Today was my first day off in about 5 weeks. I get to go to Erie next weekend which I am sooo excited for and then I have one more week off before I don't get another one probably the rest of the summer. I am leaving Friday for Erie and Brian is picking me up in Cleveland and we are going to the Barnez family's house.

I have decided not to keep my horse Chili. She is a little too fast for my liking. She is so fast I can't win the jump offs because I can't do the tighter turns. Strange, but slow is fast sometimes when it comes to jump offs. You have to be able to turn on a dime and get to your next fence. I am usually being taken off with and making an arena tour. My horse Missy is on trial at another hunter/jumper barn here in Salt Lake. I guess the people really like her, but we are waiting on a clean bill of health from the vet.

JoLyn says hello ha ha! She and I did a little shopping today and made a stop at the cemetery. I am trying to get her to take Brian's ticket to go to Erie since he is driving. Cross your fingers that someone will work for her.

The Dingo is doing really great. He is enjoying the warm weather. He spends a lot of time cooling off in the canal at the barn.


This is a not very good picture of the new trailer. You are looking at just the living quarters on it.
Butch has found a new spot now that the weather is warm. He digs to cool dirt and relaxes in the shade.


This is the dingo's new toy. We believe he goes into the canal and plays with the Loch Ness Monster and so we got him a baby Nessi


This is me and Chili in the Training Jumper class.

8 comments:

Nate said...

Make sure you let Jolyn know that if we don't see her on Friday; we will FOREVER hold it against her. We can't wait to see you guys.

I can't believe how big the new trailer is. I think the "living quarters" is bigger than our first apartment.

See you on Friday....HURRY!!

Ang said...

OMG the trailer is a dream! You really are rolling in style these days. I will be crossing my fingers that Missy gets a clean bill of health... any prospective buyers on Chili?

I think you need to get a potbelly pig to follow Butchie around so they can cool themselves off in the dirt together!

I can't wait until you get here, I am so ready for a mini vacation myself I can hardly focus on this last exam.

P.S. Hi Jo!

Sheryl said...

Oh my gosh, it is about time. But,
that is the same picture of the trailer I have already seen! I want to see the INSIDE! Get to it.

Butchie is looking good. I wish I had a place to take a dip whenever I feel like it. I NEED a pool.

I, too, am crossing my fingers that Missy is good to go. Chili sure is pretty, but if she is not working out for you I think it is a good idea to move on to something else.

ANGELA! Do NOT give this girl any ideas about other livestock. And Nate, welcome back. We have missed your sas.

Jen said...

I agree with mother. We need more pictures of the trailer in order to appreciate it!

Have a great time in Erie and give everyone hugs and kisses for me.

Grandmajoann said...

What a trailer. I must come and see it. How fun to be able to just live while traveling! I guess I have never thought of where you slept on weekends when you were so busy. How very nice for you. I loved seeing you jump again. What a girl! Have a great time in Erie. And, Angie, I did put you address in and saw your surroundings, so thank you for giving me that privilege!

Denise said...

Ha ha! I am gonna get more animals mom :) Just kidding.

They people don't want to x-ray Missy so she came home. The woman wanted me to giver her to them LOL. Ya probably not but do great!!!

Sheryl said...

That woman sounds like a wack job. Yeah, here is a nice horse for free. NOT.

iMzOOL said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I read angies blog. how funny that he proposed in her basement. I am so happy for you. Do you have a date?