Sunday, April 5, 2009

Zephyr Horse Show

This is an awesome shot of Lauren and Chili

Lauren and Chili jumping 3'3"



Lauren and Chili jumping 3'


Me and Choices jumping 2'9"

Me and Choices jumping 3'


Amy and Poco jumping 2'3"


Well we made it through the first horse show. It happened to be thirty something degrees outside and snowing all day, but the show was inside. We got there at 7:30 AM and did not leave until 8:30 PM!! Long day to say the least.

Amy took her horse Poco and did divisions up to three foot. She is riding so well and I was so proud of her. She had a rail down in her important division which was unfortunate, but did place in other classes.
Lauren rode Chili in divisions up to 3'6". She also rode very well. The poor girl had to do a flat phase for the medal she rides in. This is where you don't jump you just to stuff without jumping and Chili is sooo strong! She did so good. The object is to look pretty while you perform tests and Chili is so hard. I was quite amazed how well she did ha ha!

I rode a few of Patty's horses. One that I was just schooling and not showing and the other I showed. She was a little nervous and knocked rails down in all her classes. She was a little distracted at the jumps and not lifting her legs up all the way. I also rode Chili up to 3'9". I had planned on doing the 4' division also, but it was late and we were tired. She did really good minus stopping at one fence in each round....grrrr! This is a little problem she has. She has all the power and speed in the world, but randomly decides not to jump. Often I blame myself for this, but I was on high alert and riding my guts out. I watched my videos and she has no excuses!!

All in all it was a good first show. We got our jitters out and all ended up placing. Our first Hunter show is in two weeks and I may take the girls to a fun show on Saturday for practice.

7 comments:

Grandmajoann said...

You are all looking mighty fine! Just wish I knew more about it. Thanks for such good pictures! When it warms up let us know when and where they will be and some of us will show up!

Jen said...

Looking good! Chili really is a beautiful horse. If you can just break her of the bad habit of chosing not to take random jumps!

Sheryl said...

It sounds like you all did pretty OK for the first show of the season. The pics are great, everyone looks to be in fine form.

The Dog Whisperer had the Horse Whisperer on his show last night. Maybe you need him to come and whisper in Chili's ear that you are going to knock her socks off if she don't quit it! LOL

Nate said...

I love seeing pictures of you riding horses, especially when you capture the horse when the front legs are just going over the jump!

I've got an idea! Now that you have a laptop, you could get a wireless or usb webcam and have the person who is not riding, film. That way we could watch the show in "real-time" in the comfort of our own homes. You could also put it on You-tube, twitter, or face-book, and we could use it as a marketing tool to get you more business!

Ang said...

Chili really is gorgeous, looks like a great first show. Nate really wants to take this to the next level with the webcam thing... maybe you could "hire" him on as your tech guy!!

Way to go, Love you!

Denise said...

I think I did hire Nate on as my tech guy LOL!!! I am having random people call him to troubleshoot their computers ha ha! Thank you Nate :)

Denise said...

Oh....we are one step ahead of you with the youtube thing though its just not in real time :)