Monday, November 24, 2008

Awards night

The horse show season officially ends with our awards night. We all get to dress up and head to the Raddisson Hotel in downtown. It is a big night for everyone and it is fun to dress up! Last year everyone said I was the best dressed so I had a lot to live up to. I managed it though! I chose an above the knee length cocktail dress from Bebe. You can't see the full effect in these pictures, but Pro Photo took pics that I will post later.

Almost my whole crew received awards. I was showered with gifts from my students and gift certificates for being on the board this year. Lauren received the Championship for the Children's Jumper Division. Amy took home two Reserve Champions for her Medium Stirrup Hunter and Equitation divisions. However, they are doing a re-count because they messed up and I think she is Champion of both. Tori received awards for her Long Stirrup Divisions and my horse and Megan's horse got awards in the Baby Green Division. Megan was also nominated for the Sportsmanship Award. A very prestigious award that I was so proud of her for being nominated. She got beat out, but that's ok. It is always an honor to be nominated. And in the end only members can vote so it comes down to the barn with the most members if you know what I mean. She is a winner in my eyes!!!

The kids left to right: Andrew, Jessica, Amy, Megan, Tori, Lauren, Ian.

The parents who I love and pay the bills! Left to right: Bob, Mary, Kathy, Greg, Julie.

Me and my cute boyfriend! This is Henry. He has been around for about a month. This is me introducing you ha ha!


Me and my beautiful bunch of talented pupils.


5 comments:

Ang said...

Love the dress, the guy looks very cute and who doesn't like getting gifts. Sounds like a fabulous night! Post more pictures, me need to see more!!!!!! I love you and miss you.

Sheryl said...

Wow, it sounds like you guys really clean up! That is awesome. I know you are proud of the kids and I hope of yourself. You have done a fantastic job.

The dress is fabulous, and you look fabulous in it! Hi Henry, nice meeting you. CUTE!

Jen said...

It looks like you had a blast!

Sheryl said...

You now have several more admirer's at my workplace. A few guys walked by my desk while I was looking at the blog. If only you were here.......

Denise said...

Ha ha...atleast I am keeping it real in Phoenix!